Tuesday, April 7, 2009

36 Weeks & Bottoms Down??





My 36 week Belly Pic, It WAS the T-Shirt that I was wearing last week that made me seem so rotund! Well.. I am round, but that shirt makes me look way bigger than I am!

I haven't wanted to blog about it because I was afraid I would "jinx" my chances of having a "normal" birth, but It has been weighing heavily on my mind, so I need to get it out in the world and off my shoulders. On Friday we found out that Madeline is in the Frank Breech position with her little bottom resting nicely in my pelvis, If she does not turn by this Friday my options are to go through External Cephalic Version(turning the baby from the outside, which can be risky and painful)or to schedule a C-section for 39 weeks. After discussing it with Brian we have decided that we will go for the second option. As disapointed as I am that I will not have a standard labor experience it's actually a blessing in disguise. Work will pay me for a full 12 weeks rather than the 6 weeks paid and 6 weeks unpaid that I would have taken otherwise. Everything is in God's will and if this is the way it is to be done then I accept it! At least we can plan, right?